Saturday, February 04, 2006

What I've Been Listening To: Feb. 2nd

I was on vacation for most of last week, so consider this a list of what I was listening to a couple of weeks ago, plus what I've been listening to since I got back. There's a lot, and Baby Z. makes it all but impossible to write when she's around, so I'll add in comments for those who care some time later. Why do this? Well, just as the onslaught of year-end lists and the annual Pazz and Jop results always inspire me to listen to stuff I missed, maybe something here will pique your interest. It's all good: after all, why else would I listen to it?


Big Boys/Fat Elvis

Fugazi/Steady Diet of Nothing

Jaga Jazzist/What We Must

The Verve/Urban Hymns

Bailter Space/Robot World

New Orleans Funk

Alan Braxe and Friends/The Upper Cuts

Cat Power/The Greatest

Aphex Twin/Selected Ambient Works Vol. II

AC/DC/ Highyway to Hell

Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci/How I Long to Feel that Summer in My Heart

The Kinks/Something Else

Billy Bragg & Wilco/Mermaid Avenue

Doves/The Last Broadcast

Depeche Mode/Playing the Angel

Warren Zevon/Reconsider Me

Saint Etienne/Travel Edition 1990-2005

Tropicalia: A Brazilian Revolution in Sound

King Crimson/Red/Starless and Bible Black/The 21st Century Guide to King Crimson: Volume One 1969-1974

Toots & the Maytals/Roots Reggae

The Go-Betweens/That Striped Sunlight Sound

This Heat

Nine Inch Nails/With Teeth

Guitars of the Golden Triangle: Folk and Pop Music of Myanmar (Burma) Vol. 2

Nice

Elliott Smith/From a Basement on a Hill

The The/ 45 RPM

John Martyn/Solid Air/Inside Out

Dion/Bronx Blues: The Columbia Recordings (1962-1965)/King of the New York Streets

Beth Orton/Comfort of Strangers

Eleventh Dream Day/Zeroes and Ones

John Cougar Mellencamp/The Lonesome Jubilee/Scarecrow

June Tabor/Always

The Libertines/Up the Bracket

The Rolling Stones/A Bigger Bang

Midnight Oil/ Earth and Sun and Moon

Franz Ferdinand/You Could Have It So Much Better

Jay-Z/The Blueprint

Belle and Sebastian/The Life Pursuit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home