Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I Did Not See Radiohead Last Night

And I could have. Do I regret the decision? No, not really. I'm alone with Baby Z. right now while Alma is travelling for work, so I would have needed a babysitter. And honestly there were better ways to spend the $50 for a ticket (not including selling it on eBay for $300, ha ha). But more to the point, I've seen Radiohead - what, four, maybe five times before? And they've always been good. In fact, I think they're always good. So in a sense, I don't need to see them at all, since I know how the show will turn out: good! Besides, they'll be back when they have a new album to promote.

This is actually the second time I've turned down Radiohead tickets, in a small venue no less, which brings up another point: I've seen every single band I've ever wanted to see, even bands that had been broken up for years, at least one time. Heck, I've seen many of them multiple times! I haven't seen any of them as many times as I've seen the Drive-By Truckers, but I've seen enough of them enough times that given the choice between heading out for the night and staying in, I often stay in.

Does this make me old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home