Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Joe Boyd

My, I've been lax, haven't I? To be honest, Alma does a much better job at this than I do.

Anyway, this morning I interview famed producer Joe Boyd. My final piece won't translate to this space that well, so I'll just let the new New Yorker do the heavy lifting for me.

Shortly before the interview I finished Boyd's intermittently fascinating but mostly just fine memoir "White Bicycles: Making Music in the 1960s." I also read Max Brooks' mock zombie oral history "World War Z," which was OK but really could have been fleshed out a little more (if you pardon the pun). I guess I'll have to wait for the inevitable movie.


Why so busy, by the way? I've been writing a regular DVD column for my friend Jeff, writing reviews for Pitchfork, seeing shows for the Trib and otherwise stretching myself thin while Baby Z. otherwise runs me down. As any parent will attest, having kids turns years into months, months into weeks, weeks into days, days into hours and hours into mere minutes, accelerating everything into such a blur that there's barely time to look ahead without being dragged behind by all the stuff that's already passed you by.

2 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

how was the interview? i saw him speak at a book store here in nyc last night and he seemed like a really nice dude!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

That last sentence hit pretty close to home. It's actually weird travelling without the kid for a couple weeks and seeing what the world looks like at normal speed. I don't like being gone so long, but it's definitely a change of pace.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home