Friday, December 15, 2006

Best Reissues of 2006

As usual, some of the best albums of 2006 were discs either of another era, collections or recently discovered lost treasures. Some of my faves?

Missy Elliott's "Respect M.E."
Karen Dalton's "In My Own Time"
Nick Garrie's "The Nightmare of J.B. Stanislas"
Josef K.'s "Entomology"
R.E.M.'s "And I Feel Fine - The Best of the IRS Years 1982-1987
The ongoing Cure and Depeche Mode reissues from Rhino
John Cale's "Paris 1919" (finally remastered)
Eno/Byrne's (somewhat altered) "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts"
Remastered Jesus and Mary Chain discography
Remastered first Pretenders album
Remastered Talking Heads discography
Fred Neil's self-titled first album

Not bad, huh? The best thing about the annual barrage of year-end lists is playing catch up with all the great stuff I missed during the winter doldrums. So I'll eventually post a list of my favorite new albums, plus others things I discover (or have discovered late) as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee Zowee should be on that list

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home