Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the Banshees

I just got around to playing the new Yeah Yeah Yeah's album, and am disappointed to discover that what I thought was a new Siouxsie and the Banshees song I heard on the radio was in fact the first YYY's single "Gold Lion." Why was I disappointed? I don't know. But if I were Siouxsie Siouix, I'd, er, sue.

P.S. The album's OK, and would have been a classic if it came out 25 or 30 years ago. Which gives you an idea of what else it rips off (Patti Smith, check your voicemail). A much better job of sounding ahead of their time, just in time, comes courtesy Mission of Burma, who are about to release their second retro early-80s art-punk explosion since reuniting a few years ago. Which in their case means picking up right where they left off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home