Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cleaning a Squid

No, it's not a gross euphemism, nor is it a lost Orwell essay. It's just what it sounds like. I'm making a paella tonight, and bought some squid in preparation. Raw, whole squid. For some reason it didn't occur to me that I'd have to clean it until I got home, but thanks to the internet I figured it out. Needless to say, if you think squid are weird on the outside, you should see 'em on the inside. Or maybe I should say feel them on the inside. Yuck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the same thing 16 years ago. Fortunately I had a cookbook which explained how to clean a squid. It was actually kind of neat--even sensuous-- removing the cuttle bone and package of guts and being able to turn the squid inside out. Your (only slightly crazed) Mother-In-Law

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home